I have had several requests for breakfast ideas lately, so I will do my best to fulfill those requests. For those of you who like eggs, this is a simple protein-packed breakfast. You can change the veggies to anything you wish, I used what I happened to have in my fridge. Because of the high protein and veggie content, this meal doesn’t have to be limited to breakfast. From time to time I would have a couple for lunch with a side of steamed broccoli. Others might prefer fruit. Anytime of day you decide to eat these mini delights, they are great for you.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or veggie broth (I didn’t have any unsweetened almond milk on hand, so I used broth)
- 1 handful fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- *optional* raw cheese, shredded
- Set the oven to 375* & generously grease a muffin pan (I used coconut oil & only greased 5 muffin cups)
- Saute the veggies (except spinach) in oil or butter on low heat until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk/broth, & cheese if using.
- Add all veggies and salt to egg mixture and stir together.
- Pour mixture into muffin cup until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.