The English call them pancakes, the French call them crêpes, I call them healthy food….
You can eat those ones in the morning as a delicious breakfats, they can be you afternoon snack or your perfect light and healthy dinner.
For the creps:
- 1/2 cup (a little more) Chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- water (enough so that it forms a creamy batter)
- 1 tbs olive oil + 1 tbs for the pan
- coarse black pepper
For the filling:
- 1/2 head of radicchio, chopped
- 1 bag rocket salad (you can use spinach, chards, and other types of greens, but I like the rocket because of its peppery taste, it goes perfectly with chick pea sweet flavor.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tbs goat cheese
- 1 tbs olive + extra for drizzling
- salt and pepper
Mix the two flours together. Add egg and gradually milk, water and olive oil. If the batter is too thick add water. Add salt and mix well to obtain a creamy and smooth consistency. Set aside.
In the meantime, prepare the greens. In a pan, heat olive oil chopped garlic. Let the flavor of the garlic come out without burning it, then add greens. Adjust with salt and pepper, and stir to wilt them (about 5 minutes), when cooked, set aside and keep warm.
Heat olive oil in a pan, add one small ladle of batter , spreading the batter all over the pan and evenly. Cook and turn on the other side. Proceed the same way until all the batter has been used.
Fill half of the crepe with some greens, goat cheese and olives, fold the other half on top and fold once more in a quarter, in order to have a little triangle. Place in a pre-heated oven at 380F for 5-7 minutes. Crack a good quantity of black pepper on top. You can serve this with a tomato concassée.
At dinnertime open a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy.