You know what is simple and easy to make in those hot summer evenings? Oreo Truffles!
Oreo truffles are easy, impressive, and oh so tasty,please somebody call the Weight Watchers as I’ve put on 4lbs just by looking at them….
This recipe has got just three ingredients and basically three steps to yum.
Roll into balls.Place on baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Put baking sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes until truffles firm up.
Get your Oreo balls, take a fork and dip individually into the melted chocolate. Twist it just a bit to cover completely. You’ll probably have to use another fork to carefully remove your freshly dipped Oreo truffle.
Next is the really the hardest part. Place your tray in the freezer for about 10 more minutes to set the chocolate. Waiting is torture.
Voilà you have got your special Tuesday treat.
- 1 Sleeve of Oreo Cookies
- 4oz. Cream Cheese
- 8oz of white/dark chocolate–(you can use more or less–depends on your preference)
1. Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor until they make fine crumbs.
2. Mix in softened cream cheese and the mix should feel gooey and doughy in your hands.
3. Form the dough into balls and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick it in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
4. Melt white or/and dark chocolate and dip the oreo truffles in chocolate using a fork. Shake off the excess chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
5. Once they are all dipped, place the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes to let the chocolate set and then– Enjoy!