If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy burger recipe to help you achieve your fitness goals, look no further than this grated courgette burgers! Packed with nutritious vegetables and plenty of flavour, these burgers are sure to become a new family favourite.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make the perfect grated courgette burger:
– Be sure to use fresh, quality ingredients for the best flavor and nutrition.
– If you’re short on time, you can grate the courgette the night before and refrigerate until ready to use.
– To prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill or pan, be sure to oil it generously before cooking.
– These burgers are best served fresh off the grill or pan, so be sure to have all your toppings and sides ready to go before cooking.
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy burger recipe to help you achieve your fitness goals, look no further than this grated courgette burgers!
- 1 medium grated courgette
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. each grated fresh root ginger
- finely chopped green chilli
- wholegrain mustard
- 1 medium egg
- 50 g 2oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Lettuce and tomatoes to serve
Place the grated courgette inside a clean tea towel and squeeze it to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Alternatively, place the grated courgette in a sieve and push down using the back of a spoon to remove the liquid.
Put courgette into a bowl with 1 finely chopped medium shallot, 1tsp each grated fresh root ginger, finely chopped green chilli and wholegrain mustard, 1 medium egg, 50g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs and 2tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley.
Shape the mixture into balls or patties and place on a non-stick baking tray. The size you choose will depend on what you use them for. They are great as nibbles, beginning or accompanying a full meal, but they also make an awesome veggie burger for which you will probably need to make them larger.
Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry patties for 5min, turning once, until golden and crisp.
Serve in toasted burger buns with salad and sauces.
Open a bottle of white wine 🙂
To prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill or pan, be sure to oil it generously before cooking.