Surprise your family on a Sunday morning or any other morning by making those deliciously tasty bran pancakes. Either by serving them with sautéed pears and apples or by just covering them with maple syrup you gonna send everybody in food ecstasy.
Delicious Bran Pancakes Recipe
- 240g whole wheat flour
- 120g (125 mL) all-purpose
- 50g granulated sugar
- 20g baking powder
- 10g salt
- 2 egg
- 85g natural wheat bran
- 425ml milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, melted, divided (approx.)
- Pure maple syrup (optional for serving)
- First whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs until white and foamy. Add bran, 30ml of the butter and milk. let sit for a while (10min.) on a side and after that add the flour mix stirring until combined.
- Now get a non stick pan really hot, then turn the heat down to medium and, to start with, do a test pancake to see if you're using the correct amount of batter. I find that around 75ml of the batter mix is just perfect but it all depends of the size of your pan the size that you want to achieve. As soon as the batter hits the hot pan, tip it around from side to side to get the base evenly coated with batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until you see that bottom is golden brown and its easy to lift from the pan. Flip on the other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Now simply slide it out of the pan onto a plate or on a wire rack.
- To serve top with sautéed pears and apples or drizzled with pure maple syrup.
Stack the pancakes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate fitted over simmering water, to keep them warm while you make the rest.