Caprese Pizza is a classic and one of our go to pizza recipes! I could eat Caprese Pizza every day and never get sick of it.
Do you still have tomatoes in your garden? We do! I needed to use some up and Caprese Pizza was the answer! This pizza is SO good with fresh garden tomatoes.
We also put our garden basil to use! I love eating seasonal!
The flavors are simple, but SO good! You can’t go wrong with this classic pizza! It hits the spot every time, especially when you use fresh ingredients!
Make tonight pizza night and make our Caprese Pizza! Enjoy!
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough or store bought pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If using refrigerated pizza dough, remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to come to room temperature while oven preheats.
- Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll pizza dough out into a circle. Make a thicker crust along edges of pizza. Brush olive oil evenly over the dough. Arrange mozzarella slices evenly over dough and top with sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle basil over pizza. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut into slices and serve warm.