This sandwich was inspired by my friend, Sarah who always orders this for lunch at The Daily Mail in London when she’s at work. It’s so simple to make yourself, I made this for myself and my brother last week, and now he’s been asking me to make it again and again. Hope you enjoy!
Avocado toast with lemon and kale recipe
- 1 cup shredded kale (no stems)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices multigrain bread, 4 oz total
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces avocado (1 small haas)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 4 thin slices radish
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, juice of 1/4 lemon and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Massage with your hands for about 1 minute, until the kale softens.
- Slice the avocado in half, reserving 1/2 of one avocado for thin slices. Scoop the rest into a small bowl and mash gently with a fork. Season with 1/8 tsp kosher salt, black pepper and juice from 1/4 of a lemon.
- Toast the slices of whole wheat bread.
- Spread the avocado mash across the toasted bread, top with slices and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper (more lemon juice if desired).
- Top each with the massaged kale, radish and chia, finish with pinch salt and black pepper to taste.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 2 toasts
Amount Per Serving:
Smart Points: 8
Points +: 8
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 2g